GiveWP’s Mission is to Democratize Generosity. GiveWP is a WordPress plugin that enables users to accept donations on their WordPress-powered website with flexibility and minimal barrier to entry. Since launching in April 2015, GiveWP has helped 10,000+ nonprofits, individuals, and organizations empower their Cause through online donations.
We are a team of A-players who leverage each other’s talents to create products that people love. We enjoy flexible work schedules, competitive salaries, and a flat organization structure where everyone’s opinion matters. We enjoy traveling, having fun, and enjoy coming to work every day. If this sounds like a fit for you, great! Please read on.
We are looking for a WordPress developer with 2 - 4 years’ experience to join our GiveWP team. Someone who is excited to learn and has a passion for WordPress, who knows how quality themes and plugins are built and maybe have even built a few themselves.
As a WordPress Developer you would:
- Develop new software solutions and maintain existing applications
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and objectives
- Create, review, and update technical documentation
- Keep apprised of relevant new technology and best practices
- Write tests to validate code function
- Execute bug fixes
- Measure results of implemented solutions
- Participate in troubleshooting/triaging of issues and document them appropriately
- 2+ years Experience in the WordPress space
- Thorough knowledge of MySQL
- Basic knowledge of the product development life cycle
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Skilled at crafting modern PHP (ex: autoloading, dependency management, dependency injection, templating libraries, automated testing, OOP, and/or frameworks like Symfony or Laravel, etc.)
- Exceptional HTML & CSS (including experience with PostCSS or Sass and BEM) skills
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- A passion for improving software/systems
- Ability to work remotely with little-to-no supervision
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with developing blocks for the Block Editor
- Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Experience with JS application frameworks
- Experience with server technologies like Redis or Elasticsearch
- Experience building sites that are accessible (you’ve worked with WAI-ARIA and done WCAG 2.0+ AA/Section 508 work) and performant (working knowledge of best practices)
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.