Product Ops Managers are positioned to support the Product Management team. They solve many different pain points, but the most important one is that they give Product Managers their time back. By handling many of the micro-level tasks, they free up PMs to work on a macro-level.
Product Managers own the product vision, defining the roadmap that keeps teams aligned and focused on a common goal. A Product Operations Manager helps them to define the detail around that vision and communicate it internally.
As a Product Operations Manager you would:
- Maintain product guidelines, how-to references and related resources
- Streamline intelligence and automation of tasks / routine practice
- Bridge important changes from inside the organization to other departments
- Support product launches and customer onboarding
- Research and organize information on product management best practice
- Provide primary assistance for Product Managers’ data collection and analysis to help power decisions
- Facilitate post-launch activities including continuous improvement in processes as well as ensuring that customers are receiving the intended value
- Coordinate A/B testing with appropriate teams
- Strengthen customer feedback loops, and scaling product knowledge within the company
- Work with teams to ensure product team tools and templates are maintained and all of the Product teams are continuously trained (communication, roadmaps, product requirements, GTM, etc.)
- Assist with developing and maintaining critical and applicable business processes
- Facilitate market research
- Analyze and communicate customer feedback to empower decisions. Assist in identifying why a user/customer is having a pain point, but what problem the user is actually trying to solve
- Collaborate to develop and manage KPIs based on measurable data
- Coordinate and align multiple stakeholders to execute product launch, feature launch, or other customer-impacting initiatives
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Product role or organization
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Demonstrated success in data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background with experience and understanding of servers, storage, networking, security, and web hosting preferred.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Systems analysis and project management skills
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative, and strong organizational skills
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.