The Senior Marketing Analyst is responsible for understanding, aggregating, and analyzing multiple data sets in order to answer strategic and tactical questions related to the effectiveness of Marketing and Sales efforts, including but not limited to marketing spend effectiveness, ecommerce operations, website health and effectiveness, and sales results. The Senior Marketing Analyst will be focused on defining and answering key business questions,and developing data models, dashboards, and reports to make those evaluations and presenting results to peers and executive leadership. He or she will also collaborate cross-functionally to drive the quality and relevance of data collected and the systems used to collect and report the data.
As a Senior Marketing Analyst you would:
- Assist in framing the questions used to evaluate marketing efforts, sales, web operations, and other related business activities
- Lead efforts to support executive leadership in aggregating business intelligence to support the initiatives of their business units, including actionable research and board presentations
- Gather requirements and design reports, reporting capabilities, and business rules
- Turn data into information using critical thinking skills and statistical techniques within the scientific method framework. Provide both summaries and detailed reports
- Interpret data and analyze results at a primary, secondary and tertiary level - i.e. digging deep to understand the "why", not just the "what"
- Implement predictive modeling utilizing statistical analysis of historical data to gain insights into the buyer’s journey, customer lifecycle, staffing, inventory controls and market opportunities
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data systems
- Filter and “clean” data, and review performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Develop and manage Salesforce Reports and Dashboards to measure Key Performance Indicators
- Work in a fast paced environment in parallel on questions/models requiring several weeks to answer and those needing daily answers.
- 4+ years hands-on experience with data analytics, deriving insights, and recommending solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Proven skills in dashboard design and development in Power BI, Tableau, Domo, or similar visualization tools (Power BI preferred)
- Proficiency writing complex SQL queries to join data from multiple sources (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, etc.)
- Experience with R, Python, MATLAB, SAS, or similar statistics tools
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and web metrics
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc)
- Expertise with Salesforce database objects and relationships
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Ability to synthesize large quantities of data into actionable information for audiences in all levels of the company
- A "can-do" attitude and are a self-starter; comfortable taking ownership in a fast-paced constantly evolving environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently, yet closely with team members and management
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Continuous beverage service
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.