This position is responsible for procurement of LW supplies, maintaining inventory of in stock items, shipping, receiving, weekly ordering and inventory. The goal is to minimize procurement expenses.
This is NOT a remote position.
As a Purchasing Agent you would:
- Assist in inventory tracking
- Evaluate potential suppliers
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders and supporting documents to suppliers
- Prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports and provides visibility of potential interruptions
- Receive all incoming packages and palettes
- Ship all outgoing packages - domestic and international
- Track orders and confirm delivery dates and costs
- Review, update, and maintain purchase orders until they are closed
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and report nonconformities
- Ensure documentation is clear and accurate
- Assist with questions and concerns about merchandise
- Ensure inventory is stocked and needs can be fulfilled
- Compile records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories
- Determine cause of any delays in receiving goods
- Work with the accounting department to ensure invoices are properly handled
- Exceptional analytical skills. Must be able to work with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company
- Sound decision making skills
- Basic math skills will be needed to analyze prices and get the best deals possible
- Solid negotiating skills
- Working knowledge of an ERP, e-Shopping, and e-sourcing systems
- Supplier relationship skills
- Knowledge of relevant legal standards and compliance systems
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
**This job requires regularly lifting and moving up tp 75 pounds with assistance.
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.