As a Software Developer in Test at LiquidWeb, you'll play a key role in our Quality Engineering team by helping ensure the stability and success of our product releases. You will partner with the Managed Applications Development development team to identify and triage defects, implement and execute automated testing, and help validate releases for the platform that powers Nexcess Managed Hosting content and e-commerce applications for our customers.
In addition to the description below, an ideal candidate will share a passion for methodical problem-solving, strong engineering principles, and developing high-quality software.
This position is available remotely for the right fit.
As a Senior Software Developer in Test you would:
- Expand our existing test automation framework and test coverage.
- Lead development of new tooling and infrastructure in collaboration with other team members.
- Create, review, and update testing and triage documentation.
- Participate in issue triage and validation rotation and ensure issues are triaged and validated promptly.
- Develop working knowledge of the entire application stack.
- Maintain test infrastructure and environment stability.
- Groom and prune tests (automated and manual) to ensure optimal coverage.
- Collaborate with the various development teams and stakeholders to understand requirements, test features, and functionality.
- Collaborate with engineers to improve the testing process.
- Drives best practices, improvements, and maintainability of projects.
- Configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments.
- Track and communicate test results in a timely and effective manner.
- Lead test automation implementation and guide the testing approach for new feature development.
- Participate in design reviews with stakeholders and engineering teams.
- Create test plans for new features and steer the team to ensure test coverage based on the test plan.
- Identify test gaps and prioritize adding coverage based on areas of risk.
- Provide input into testing the security and scalability of the product.
- Implement new automation framework features with little guidance.
- Take ownership of test failures and ensure that our CI system is reliable.
- Mentor other developers.
- Strong development skills in at least one programming language (preferably Python).
- 4+ years of Development and Quality Automation experience.
- Experience with multiple types of testing including unit, functional, integration, performance, usability, reliability, security, and maintainability.
- Experience with application security and performance testing is preferred.
- Experience using Git and Docker.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab) and CI/CD practices
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- A passion for improving software/systems through testing and automation
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Continuous beverage service
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.