The Channel Director will lead a team of Partner Development Managers in meeting and exceeding quota and sales related goals. This position oversees the strategy, development and day to day management of the group that is tasked with identifying opportunities for increased wallet share and executing on the above mentioned strategies.
The Channel Director will interact with all levels of team members internal to LW in driving program improvements and the development of tools necessary for success.
Success in this role is measured by improving channel margins and growing overall customer wallet share, driving program growth through strengthening relationships, driving data-sharing initiatives and supporting our end users and sales teams.
This position is available remotely for the right applicant.
- Serves as primary Liquid Web advocate within channel partners, supporting and aligning with our business objectives
- Leads Partner Development Managers, providing day-to-day guidance and development support
- In conjunction with above, sets short- and long-term channel strategies to drive profitability
- Oversees and participates in developing and nurturing relationships with channel partners and their development managers
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a profitable partner relationship
- Seeks ways to expand margin through product mix, discount structure and rebate program management
- Coordinates development of necessary sales and marketing materials for channel partners
- Manages potential channel conflict with other sales channels
- Evaluates effectiveness of partner programs and improves or eliminates them
- Establishes clear financial metrics for evaluating partner performance, sets and enforces guidelines for managing channel partners according to those metrics
- Recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and profitability
- Bachelor’s Degree or Relevant Education / Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales or channel, managing local and remote employees
- Strong aptitude in business accounting and financial analysis
- Ability to negotiate and structure profitable partnerships
- Experience developing channel or similar partnerships
- Proven Coaching and Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, customers, partners, and industry organizations
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Continuous beverage service
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.