Liquid Web is looking for a self motivated, driven individual to join our team as a Product Manager. This role will work not only with the technical side of our product lines but also will work extensively with the business aspects of product leadership, specifically focusing in growing our VMware products and services.
The Product Manager oversees planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. This role also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Permanently remote for the right candidate.
As a Product Manager you would:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap as it pertains to solving market problems
- Be an expert with respect to the competition in the mid- to high-end web hosting space, specifically around VMware solutions.
- Specify and prioritize market requirements for current and future products, focusing on VMware, Azure, AWS, and related services.
- Define prioritized product requirements with input from Marketing, Sales, Support, Finance, and R&D/Engineering
- Analyze potential partner relationships for products
- Oversee product development including making tradeoffs decisions and facilitating internal communications with Marketing, Sales, Support, and Engineering
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute including leading beta and pilot programs as appropriate
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for products
- Be able to support the marketing and sales efforts related to products (e.g., assist with development of content for collateral, help shape product demonstrations)
- Understand the key statistics associated with products including revenue, profitability, usage, and customer satisfaction and drive utilization to make product lifecycle decisions
- Act as a leader within the company
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Product Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- VMware knowledge and experience
- Microsoft products, Azure, and VMware knowledge is highly recommended
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Proven experience in a job in the Web Hosting or Private/Public Cloud market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background with experience and understanding of web hosting
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Systems analysis and project management skills
- Self starter with high degree of initiative, and strong organizational skills
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Continuous beverage service
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.