The Network Operations Admin’s goal is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance for their users, such as staff, clients, and customers.
This job is not remote and would require you to be able to work on premises in Lansing MI.
As a Network Operations Admin you would:
- Monitor and maintain network integrity using both manual and automated network management and analysis tools
- Assist in the installation, configuration and administration of several local area network and wide area network systems
- Installation, configuration, and administration of various networking hardware
- Assist with customer connectivity support via Wide and Local area networks and their respective protocols over phone or ticketing systems
- General maintenance of both internal and customer facing products
- Review and update internal documentation (wiki’s, etc.)
- Understanding of basic networking devices and services
- Basic understanding of general networking topics
- Strong familiarity with the LAMP stack, especially Linux
- Basic understanding of server networking configuration/maintenance
- Solid familiarity with basic software firewalls (iptables, etc.)
- Basic familiarity with cPanel and WHM
- Basic familiarity with incident response procedures
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Associate’s degree in relevant field or commensurate experience
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.