This is a key role, responsible for planning, development and implementation of the company’s communications strategies, both internal and external. An evangelizer (internal and external) who brings fresh ideas and creative communications to support the brand strategy, and desired brand image and perceptions to employees and prospects. This experienced leader will lead a team and work cross-functionally with Demand Generation, Digital Marketing, Creative, Product, Support, Sales and others in the creation & management of SEO-centric, compelling content designed for personas and key target audiences. Owns Liquid Web Social Media presence and reputation management. Goals include: attracting site traffic and social followers, fueling external awareness, influencer engagement and growing external reviews.
As a Sr, Manager, Communications & Content you would:
- Drive, develop and implement a strategic communications roadmap, inclusive of external, customer and internal communications
- Develop and execute a content strategy that drives demand, brand awareness and SERP results, aligning messaging, audiences, campaigns and channels
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, product, sales, support, technical experts and external influencers to produce SEO-driven, high-quality, scalable content including blogs, ebooks, videos, podcasts, webinars, thought leadership, and other assets
- Maintain a robust and comprehensive content / editorial calendar with a heavy focus on blogs, videos and technical content for regular ongoing deployment
- Identify & manage third-party content resources to help accelerate velocity
- Work with external agencies to prioritize and manage SEO and strategic content opportunities
- Research industry trends and topics that can elevate and position Liquid Web thought leadership
- Track content KPIs and analyze content performance against marketing goals to help inform and optimize strategy.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+,Instagram, and potentially additional channels - Exploring new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content and links
- Create process and adoption with employees on content usage and social media outreach
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know us
- Coordinate with Support for Reactive Social Media Responses and Broad Customer Communications Notices
- Drive tools, processes and incentive programs to grow external reviews for Liquid Web.
- Own and execute Employee writing program for Liquid Web Family of Brands - using SEO keyword targets and campaign needs as topics for employee engagement
- Partner with SEO / Web Operations to monetize Knowledge Base content - our largest driver of traffic
- Own and execute employee and customer communication for M&A activities
- Serve as brand and communications approver for customer communications for large scale, customer-wide efforts
- Support internal communication programs to evangelize culture, product launches and company updates including enterprise-wide initiatives, change efforts and cross-business unit communications
- Engage as requested in projects relating to search engine optimization, events, website updates, and email automation
- A great attitude, are smart, thoughtful, collaborative and organized, and thrives at the center of always-on communications
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and social activities as well as experience and knowledge of social media practices
- Experienced at creating content for the web across several disciplines (text, design, video, etc.) and media (blogging, guides, whitepapers, research, infographics, podcasts, etc.)
- BS or BA degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices
- Experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Passion for building strong brands
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading skills - Eye for detail and creative development
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, independent and goal minded, eager to create and achieve activity and revenue goals.
- Impeccable ethics
Bonus Points For:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Video generation
- Blogging experience
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.