The Data Center Supervisor is responsible for cross teaming with engineering, operations, networking, and other groups to ensure DC operations are running smoothly, efficiently, and in accordance with executive leadership direction.
As a Supervisor of DCO you would:
- Day-to-day support of all activities related to data centers
- Ensure company security policies/procedures are current, relevant, and properly maintained
- Manage remote operations (utilizing remote hands) for all worldwide remote colocation facilities
- Work with Enterprise level customers and complex setups to ensure accuracy
- Advocate between departments to ensure efficiency
- Work closely with the product and sales teams to consult on solutions for clients and maintain appropriate inventory of hardware
- Manage projects related to data center improvements, integrations, and inception
- Participate in creation, updates, and enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Assists in the Initiation and or plan, organize, manage, execute, and maintain special projects and requests
- Provide support for other teams capacity planning, hardware assets, power, network bandwidth, circuits, etc.
- Advocate and enforce adherence to compliances (SOC, PCI and HIPAA), as well as technological architectural designs and standards.
- Reduce OPEX where feasible without sacrificing uptime
- Work with the facilities department to cross-train DC Operations team members on HVAC, UPS, Generator, etc.
- Participate in the incident management process as required to support overall issue resolution and system and/or service restoral as outlined in the Liquid Web Incident Management Process
- Continuously identify and implement efforts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Collaborate with team members, project managers, and stakeholders on assigned projects
- Be responsible for the employee life cycle including; disciplinary actions, performance reviews, goal reaching activities, fostering a positive environment, following company policies, etc.
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- An ability to think critically, creatively, and quickly
- Ability to work closely with team members as well as members of other departments
- 24/7 On-call availability
- Proven ability to multi-task and function appropriately in high stress situations
- Proven understanding of datacenter architecture including power and cooling systems.
- Ability to manage large contractor relationships and manage long running projects
- Proven ability to lead a large team with a diverse set of goals and differing areas of expertise
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Must have valid drivers license and good driving record
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or comparable combination of education or relative experience
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Continuous beverage service
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.