The Product Leader will help shape the strategy of the company and establish product road maps aligned with the company’s strategic and financial goals. This role will be responsible for the strategic direction, development, life-cycle management, and financial management of multiple, key products and will work closely with various departments to ensure revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Leader may also oversees a small team of Product staff, but this role in nature is a hands-on leader within the organization.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap including developing business cases for new product development
- Be an expert with respect to the competition and possess a strong understanding of trends in the product area
- Identify customer needs and revenue generating opportunities
- Specify and prioritize market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going interactions with prospects and customers.
- Define prioritized product requirements with input from Marketing, Sales, Support, Finance, and Development/Engineering
- Analyze potential partner relationships for products
- Oversee product development including making tradeoffs decisions and facilitating internal communications with Marketing, Sales, Support, and Development/Engineering
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute including leading beta and pilot programs as appropriate
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for products
- Create relationships with vendors and negotiate agreements
- Take the lead in outlining packaging and pricing and competitive positioning.
- Be able to support the marketing and sales efforts related to products (e.g., assist with development of content for collateral, help shape product demonstrations)
- Understand and manage the key metrics associated with products including revenue, profitability, usage, and customer satisfaction and drive utilization to make product lifecycle decisions
- Provide leadership and an escalation path for a small product team
Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience as a Product Manager
- 3+ years of experience in the Web Hosting or Private/Public Cloud market – ideally significant experience in ecommerce shopping cart and content management solutions
- Demonstrated experience formulating business and product strategies
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Understanding of public IaaS solutions (e.g., AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of Linux, basic administration skills and basics of Linux Networking
- Technical background, with experience and understanding of servers, storage, networking, security, and web hosting
- Board / C suite level of written and verbal communication
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing or similar framework; experience with Packaging, Pricing and Positioning methodologies.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience with Agile software development ideally as a product owner
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Systems analysis and project management skills
- Self starter with high degree of initiative, and strong organizational skills
- Master Degree in Business or Technology
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified (PMC)
- Strong understanding of LAMP and Microsoft equivalent hosting stacks
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Continuous beverage service
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.