The Data Scientist - Web is responsible for understanding, aggregating, and analyzing multiple data sets which affect ecommerce and sales performance and other related web operations. The Data Scientist will collaborate with different teams to ensure the quality and relevance of the data collected and the systems used to collect and report the data.
As a Data Scientist - Web you would:
- Develop and manage Google Analytics reports and Dashboards to measure Key Performance Indicators
- Implement and manage tagging and tracking across all properties to enable Google Analytics and other systems reporting of performance. Develop and manage Attribution modeling to drive ROI insights for marketing spend.
- Implement predictive modeling utilizing statistical analysis of historical data to gain insights into the buyer’s journey, customer lifecycle, staffing, inventory controls and market opportunities
- Assist executive leadership in aggregating business intelligence to support the initiatives of their business units, including actionable research and board presentations
- Gather requirements and design reports, reporting capabilities, and business rules
- Turn data into information using critical thinking skills and statistical techniques within the scientific method framework.Provide both summaries and detailed reports
- Assist in framing the questions used to evaluate sales, web operations, marketing efforts and other related business activities
- Interpret data and analyze results at a primary, secondary and tertiary level - i.e. digging deep to understand the "why", not just the "what"
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data systems
- Filter and “clean” data, and review performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Knowledge of web analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, required, with experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers such as AdWords, Facebook Insights, etc. a plus.
- Experience using at least one major visualization tool/package (Tableau, D3, ggplot, PowerBI, Qlikview, etc.); PowerBI preferred
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Ability to synthesize large quantities of data into actionable information for audiences in all levels of the company
- Unwavering heroic attitude with a passion for serving the business along an accelerated growth path
- Self-starter with "can-do" attitude a must; comfortable taking ownership in a fast-paced constantly evolving environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, yet closely with team members and management
- Advanced working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Excel required; and Salesforce.com, Hubspot, Google Apps and other related software preferred
- 4+ years of related analytics experience
- 2+ years of related Google Analytics experience
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Ability to subjectively look at and interpret data sets
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or comparable combination of education or relative experience
- Experience with Pentaho or like reporting engine
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Continuous beverage service
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.