The Linux Trainer is integral to the training and development of new Linux Support Technicians as they join the company. This role is also in charge of testing, documenting, and preparing ongoing trainings for new products as well as refresher trainings on existing software and products.
As a Linux Trainer you would:
- Train and develop new Linux Support Technicians of varying experience levels as they join Liquid Web or the Linux Support team
- Assist staff in learning to embody and portray the Liquid Web Heroic support attitude
- Provide trainings in various different mediums; classroom, online, one-on-one, etc.
- Work closely with Human Resources to provide new-hire introductions, orientation materials, and discussions to employees as they join Liquid Web (all departments)
- Develop and maintain ongoing training classes and learning modules
- Provide coaching, development, and performance reviews to Linux Support Technician staff
- Be an advocate for in regards to company policies, practices, workload, and workflow.
- Distribute and teach as-needed ongoing training classes as directed by Linux Trainers.
- Must regularly attend internally-developed ongoing training classes as provided by the training department.
- Test new software solutions as developed by Liquid Web and Liquid Web’s primary software partners and vendors.
- Provide shadowing for new employees as well as those that may need further assistance
- Demonstrate the ability to diagnose complex customer issues and provide quick and accurate solutions within a collaborative environment
- Provide co-workers with technical support and guidance to help them more effectively complete tasks
- Keep apprised of pertinent current technological developments
- Create and improve internal documentation to help keep resources current and accurate
- Assess and improve training practices
- Identify, develop, and communicate goals based on an employee’s demonstrated learning habits and evidenced work ability.
- Ability to clearly and effectively convey information to others. This includes the ability to choose the appropriate method or methods of communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic LAMP stack knowledge
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional customer service acumen
- Experience in adult education and/or continued learning
- Current RHCSA or comparable experience
- Displays an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction
- Understanding of basic HR concepts and procedures in regards to employee development, feedback, and professional communication
Bonus Points for:
- 100% Employer paid Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Optional employer contributing 401K
- Continuous beverage service
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.