The Partner Development Manager is responsible for driving new revenue via partnerships with ISVs and the integration of those partners’ specific technologies into Liquid Web's existing product platforms. These activities include identifying and negotiating with potential partners, managing relationships with existing partners, and meeting or exceeding revenue goals by implementing innovative solutions for Liquid Web’s target market. You will understand and represent the voice of the customer, with key focus around developing and enhancing the partnerships and product offerings through integration of CMS, CRM, and other hosted applications and/or services into current product lines.
As the Partner Development Manager for Hosted Applications, you will:
- Proactively identify, acquire, influence and negotiate with strategic partners in addition to managing existing partners (ISVs, etc.)
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using Liquid Web.
- Understand the technical and training requirements of our partners, and work closely with the internal Liquid Web product teams to guide the direction of future offerings.
- Leverage inbound inquiries regarding the company’s programs to develop partner channels.
- Position Liquid Web for internal use by the partner organization.
- Ensure that Liquid Web is the partner’s preferred hosting platform across all product lines.
- Deliver well qualified end customer opportunities via partners to the Liquid Web sales teams.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Research and analyze product features, bundling and pricing strategies to enhance sales and profitability.
- Serve as a key member of the Liquid Web Managed Hosting Product team in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition and possess a strong understanding of trends in the web hosting arena
- Specify and prioritize market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going interactions with prospects and customers
- Monitor the development, test, certification, deployment and ongoing support of each product; maintain ownership throughout the product lifecycle
- Lead post-launch optimization: conduct testing, manage incremental feature deployment, and triage issues that impact customer satisfaction or revenue growth
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for products
- Understand the key statistics associated with products including revenue, profitability, usage, and customer satisfaction and drive utilization to make product lifecycle decisions
- Act as a leader within the company
Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications:
- 2-5 years’ experience in the Web Hosting or SaaS market
- 2-5 years’ experience partner management, partner program development, or consulting
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Product Manager
- Working experience with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes
- Experience in leading contract negotiations and/or working on custom deals.
- Skillful in partnership-building, negotiating and communicating with the ability to influence, persuade and drive action
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging/disruptive technologies like open source software, virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models.
- Knowledge of technical systems spanning commerce ecosystems, CMS, Mobile, CRM and data infrastructure. Knowledge of current mobile technologies, mobile OS Platforms and application frameworks a plus.
- First-hand experience working with WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Joomla, and/or similar open-source CMS platforms. Experience with Sitecore, OpenCart, Concrete5, PrestaShop, and/or ZenCart a plus.
- Experience with software architecture, web services (i.e., REST, SOAP), programming languages (i.e., Java, Python), application stacks (i.e., LAMP), tools (i.e., Git), OS platforms (Linux, Windows), web and application servers (i.e., Apache, IIS) and databases (i.e., MySQL, MSSQL).
- An understanding of the basic principles of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) as well as basic application architecture elements (web server, database, caching, etc.)
- Hands-on experience setting up and hosting a website for either personal or business purposes
- Knowledge of consumer-related metrics, consumer acquisition and retention and go to market strategies for technology product and services
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Systems analysis and project management skills
- High degree of initiative, and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 100% Employer paid Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Optional employer contributing 401K
- Continuous beverage service
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.