The Network Administrator’s goal is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance for their users, such as staff, clients, and customers.
As a Networking Administrator you would:
- Monitor and maintain network integrity using both manual and automated network management and analysis tools
- Assist in the installation, configuration and administration of several local area network and wide area network systems
- Install, configure, and support firewalls, VPN systems, routers, switches, load balancers, DDos Mitigation devices etc.
- Assist with customer connectivity support via Wide and Local area networks and their protocols
- General maintenance of both internal and customer facing products
- Advanced understanding of internal and customer-facing products including but not limited to: CDN, Load balancing., Arbor Mitigation service, Managed VPN service
- Advanced understanding of general networking topics including but not limited to: UDP vs TCP, Routing and switching, bottom 4 layers of the OSI model, netmasking, IPv4 vs IPv6
- Strong familiarity with the LAMP stack
- Basic understanding of server networking configuration/maintenance
- Solid familiarity with basic software firewalls anbd iptables
- Experience working with cPanel
- Ability to produce and maintain well written internal documentation
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills
- CCNA (or equivalent) Certification
- RHCSA or equivalent experience
- Basic understanding of advanced networking topics including: BGP, OSPF, VPN, ARP, Routing/CAM tables, switching and routing, IPv4 and IPv6, VLAN/SVI configuration and implementation,
- Ability to complete tasks both as an individual and in group settings.
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Associate’s degree in a related field, or comparable combination of education or relative experience
- 100% Employer paid Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Continuous beverage service
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.